Adsense

#EndSARS: My Nephew Was Killed In Nigeria For Wanting Biafra’s Independence

Adsense

"My nephew was killed in Nigeria for wanting Biafra’s independence"___ Solomon Uchenna Egbo tells INDEPENDENT Reporters

As calls come from around the world to end the brutality of Nigeria’s controversial special anti-robbery squad, SARS, Solomon Uchenna Egbo remembers his nephew

Nothing will happen to you. You will survive, brother,” said one of the friends of my nephew as he lay on a hospital bed with two bullet wounds in his back. Another showed the scars from a similar wound to prove it. But my nephew didn’t stand a chance. There was nothing the hospital could do. 

He died on Thursday 22 October at 6pm. Bullets fired randomly by the police into a crowd killed him. His friends looked on in disbelief. They broke the news to his parents. At 8pm my mother phoned me.

Also Read: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Hails The Emir Of Katsina, Abdulmumini Kabir Usman

My nephew was 24 years old.  His name was Chukwuebuka Aneke. I had not seen him for the best part of a decade because I must live in exile from my homeland, Biafra Land, annexed by Nigeria after the terrible war of 1967-1970. 

I believe in a free Biafra Land and therefore I cannot live in my home country and share the day-to-day goings on of my family. I wasn’t there when Chukwuebuka was shot. As is our custom, the funeral was the following day. I sat numb as I watched the video of the burial that I was sent. Chukwuebuka friends broken and devastated. This time it was Chukwuebuka. Who would be next?

Adsense
#EndSARS: My Nephew Was Killed In Nigeria For Wanting Biafra’s Independence #EndSARS: My Nephew Was Killed In Nigeria For Wanting Biafra’s Independence Reviewed by Okenwa Chinedu on November 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.